My evaluation
Monday 20th
Reflection on acting skills
Today
we performed in front of Level 2 students, all of us was nervous but at the
same time was excited to show our performance and tell our stories and show what
we experience in the past. When it was time for me to do my monologue, I was
just thinking how was gonna say it and i felt kinder edgy. When level 2 gave us
feed backs, three students said that my monologue was really good and they said
also can see my emotions while I was reading my monologue and one of them said
my voice was unique which gave me confidence. However I need to improve voice
by projecting my voice. Some of the level 2 said Timothy did a great job
continue with play because if he didn’t, we wouldn’t able to continue with the
play which I’m really glad that he continue, if he didn’t, the level 2 student
will focus on the accident, instead the of the play and the level 2 also said
that Monica did a good job on her monologue, they said when Monica was saying
her monologue, they can see her emotions.
My facial expression has improved, when I was
saying my monologue, my face was serious to show that it was my time to tell my
story and what I been though. I played three character for example in the IVF I
was Ty grandma, in the hospital scene I was pretend that I was waiting for my
appointment and I also play the cleaner. I could perform better by putting
energy and also show more emotions. When Timothy fall on the table , I came out
of role because I really shocked what happened and the only thing I was
thinking , are we still gonna do our play , in the future if something happen
while doing the play , I'm gonna stay in role. My ensemble has improve for
example when it was time for us to go in stillness, no one didn't move. What
did well on the slow motion, I think I did ok slow motion and I also moved at
the same time with the others.
Reflection
on production skills
My
role for the production was props, on the day the performance I didn’t really a
lot of props, me and my group was supposed to bring a picture frame Nadeen and an
object for Monica. Before the show I had to make sure that the props was in the
right place for example the broom, I had to put it behind the curtains. During
the show I had to give one of the character broom, when I finished doing my
monologue. After the perform I had to put props back where I got it from. What
handle well was putting the props in the right place and I stayed clam because
I knew that it was in the right place, I didn’t support another role because
they knew what they doing and I didn’t take another task, I just stuck with the
props. What I can do better, is to bring
props for the people that needs it for their scene. I still have the same role
for the next show, I will make sure that everyone has their props and the also
put the props in the places. The advice I will give myself is to bring the
props.
Reflection
as a Team?
We
had to wear all black and the props was set correctly. I didn’t support any on
stage because knew what they was doing and I didn’t save anyone because
everyone knew their lines. There was no distraction, everyone was focused,
especially me. I think we don’t need to
improve our team work because we prepared and we set up everything and we did
it together. What we need improve is to stay in character when something
happens because why Timothy fell, we got out of the character.
Hi Jo, well done for your evaluation - you do need to proof read your work though , to avoid some mistakes in spelling and grammar. You need to be keeping a blog for your lord of the flies work - can you do that? Thank you, Jackie
ReplyDeleteI like what you have to say . I need you to work some more at your literacy - try and proof read your work, remember also you can record yourself if you dont want to write. what do you feel about your acting and how its progressing?
ReplyDelete